The software packages on this page can be used only for research purpose. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. For any question, please contact Dr. Wenjian Yu.
|RWCap-v3: floating Random Walk based Capacitance solver for conductor structures. Version 3 released. |
Contributors: Zhezhao Xu, Bolong Zhang, Chao Zhang. Supervisor: Wenjian Yu. |
1. The package includes two programs: "rwcap-solver" and "TechGFT". They are for performing 3-D capacitance extraction, and preparing the GFT/WVT data for the rwcap-solver, respectively. Their paths are "rwcap-solver/rwcap" and "TechGFT/TechGFT", respectively.
2. Deferent from previous versions, TechGFT is now a standalone program not relying on Matlab.
3. The package also includes a lot of test cases in our publications. For the syntax of case file, please refer to the documents in RWCap-v2 website. Notice that term "qbem" is always exchangeable to term "cap3d".
4. For the usage of the programs, please refer to the documents in RWCap-v2 website. Also, please carefully read the "readme.1st" file in the package.
5. The programs have been tested on 32-bit and 64-bit Redhat and Ubuntu Linux systems. TechGFT may be unstable on older systems. Please try to run them on newer system with Linux version 3, and glibc with version > 4.
Two running modes of the rwcap-solver:
$ ./rwcap --gft <data_dir>
Register the folder "data_dir" storing the data generated by TechGFT.
$ ./rwcap -f <file_name>
-p <err_self_cap> | -c <err_coup_cap> | <Other_control>
[-n <num_thread> ] [-o <output_file> ] [other_options]
"-f" specifies the input file name.
"-p/c" specifies the threshold of relative error of Self/coupling capacitance.
"-n" specifies the number of threads for parallel computing.
For the algorithms implemented in this software and test cases, please refer to the following papers.
Ref: 1. Wenjian Yu, Hao Zhuang, Chao Zhang, Gang Hu, Zhi Liu, "RWCap: A floating random walk solver for 3-D capacitance extraction of VLSI interconnects," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design, 32(3): 353-366, 2013. [pdf]
2. Chao Zhang and Wenjian Yu, "Efficient space management techniques for large-scale interconnect capacitance extraction with floating random walks," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design, 32(10): 1633-1637, 2013 [pdf]
3. Wenjian Yu, "RWCap2: Advanced floating random walk solver for the capacitance extraction of VLSI interconnects," in Proc. International Conference on ASIC, Shenzhen, China. Oct. 2013, pp. 162-165. (invited paper) [pdf]
4. Chao Zhang, Wenjian Yu, "Efficient techniques for the capacitance extraction of chip-scale VLSI interconnects using floating random walk algorithm," in Proc. IEEE ASP-DAC, Singapore, Jan. 2014, 756-761. [pdf]
5. Bolong Zhang, Wenjian Yu, and Chao Zhang, "Improved pre-characterization method for the random walk based capacitance extraction of multi-dielectric VLSI interconnects," International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields , 29(1): 21-34, 2016 [pdf]
6. Zhezhao Xu, Chao Zhang, and Wenjian Yu, "Floating random walk based capacitance extraction for general non-Manhattan conductor structures," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design, 36(1): 120-133, 2017 [pdf]